Maha Shanti Yoga is committed to the protection of privacy and to fully implementing and complying with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection laws and regulations.
1. Your Personal Data
We will collect and maintain information which identifies you in order to provide our services to you including Yoga courses, workshops, retreats, trainings and/or events and to provide you with unique personalised services.
2. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you contact us about attending any of our Yoga courses, workshops, retreats, trainings and/or events (all together hereinafter referred to as “Yoga Event”);
- When you register and/or attend a Yoga Event;
- When you engage with us on social media.
3. What information do we collect?
- Your name;
- Your attendance record;
- Your email address;
- Your mobile phone number;
- Community discussions, correspondence sent to us;
- With your express consent, photographs of you from a Yoga Event.
4. How do we use this information?
The personal information that we collect and keep about you is for the following purposes:
- To process your application and registration for any Yoga Event;
- To send you details and information about any Yoga Event that you have registered for (e.g. location, time, date, etc.);
- To record your attendance at any Yoga Event;
- To inform you in case of changes or cancellations for any Yoga Event;
- To provide you with information via direct marketing about an upcoming Yoga Event.
We promise that we will only use your data for legitimate business purposes and will never give or sell your details to anyone unless you give us explicit permission, or we are legally required to do so.
5. How long do we keep your information?
- If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information.
- We will retain your personal information for a maximum of 5 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under ‘how we use this information’.
6. What are your rights?
Where permitted by applicable laws, you have certain rights in respect of our personal data. You can:
- Request access and learn more about how it is processed and shared;
- Request that we restrict any processing concerning you, or withdraw your consent where you previously provided this;
- Request that we stop processing it, including for direct marketing;
- Request that we update it or delete it from our records;
- Request that we provide it to you or to a new yoga school; and
- To file a complaint.
7. Marketing Communications
- Your email address is used in direct marketing activities to provide you with information about upcoming Yoga courses, workshops, retreats, trainings or events
- Photographs of you taken with your express consent may be used in marketing materials both online and printed. You can ask Maha Shanti Yoga to stop using your images at any time, in which case it will not be used in further printed publications but may continue to appear in printed and flyers and brochures already in circulation
- You can choose to unsubscribe from our emails and direct marketing at any time by contacting us.
9. Contact us
If you have any queries, you can contact us at: email@example.com