YOGA RETREAT IN DHARAMSALA, INDIA
18 to 28 March 2020
A 10 day Yoga Retreat in McLoed Ganj, Dharamsala - a place often said to be a place where India meets Tibet and famous to pilgrims and spirtual seekers around the world as the residence of the His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Often referred to as Little Lhasa, Mcoed Ganj is a beautiful hill station near upper Dharamshala in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Nestled amidst majestic hills and lush greenery, it is home to a large Tibetan population and red robed monks and nuns and popular also a starting point for a number of treks that takes you to the steep slopes of the great Himalayan ranges.
Surrounded by breathtaking views of the snow capped mountains and brightly coloured prayer flags fluttering in the wind, McLoed Ganj is ideally located for exploring a number of different places of interest and for a variety of activities including;
- The Tsuglagkhang complex - home to the spiritual leader, His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama and also houses theTibet Museum which tells the story of Tibet and it's people
- The Kora - an opportunity to walk the Kora - the sacred path around the Dalai Lama’s residence that is said to replicate the ancient Lingkhor path around the Potala Palace in Lhasa. The way is lined Himalayan cedars and oaks hung with hundreds of colorul prayer flags, multicoloured mani stones carved with Om Mani Padme Hum, the mantra of the Bodhisattva of Compassion and the path is interspersed with numerous prayer wheels
- The Norbulinka Institute - Located amidst bamboo, trees and flowing water, a centre established in 1988 to teach and preserve traditional Tibetan art forms. where you can watch artisans at work on woodcarving, metal statue–making, thangka painting and embroidery
- The Tushita Meditation Centre - a centre for the study and practice of the Tibetan Mahayana tradition of Buddhism located on a forested mountain slope above the town of McLeod Ganj
- 10 nights in shared double room (inclusive breakfast) - 415 Euros (approx. )
Please note: An actual rate of 32450 Indian Rupees for the accommodation is to be paid directly to the hotel upon arrival.
- Yoga Programme - 500 Euros
Morning and evening Yoga practice inlcluding asana, pranayama and meditation
Afternoon 'Satsang' - discussing different aspects of the path of Yoga led by Saji P.K., Director of the International Vasistha Yoga Foundation
- Optional excursions at additional cost
- You will require a Visa for entry into India
- Transport to and from the airport is NOT included - assistance can be given in arranging individual pickup fromt the airport at additional cost
- Purchsase of a personal travel insurance is strongly advised for travel to all retreat destinations
ARRIVAL DATE: Wednesday 18 March 2020
DEPARTURE DATE: Saturday 28 March 2020
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE AIRPORT: GAGGAL AIRPORT (DHM)