About the course
This course is a 200 hour intensive residential Yoga Teacher Training course offered by Maha Shanti Yoga, a Registered Yoga School (RYS 200) with the Yoga Alliance. The lead teachers on this course are Anna Wan and Juergen Hergenroeder who are registered as Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Providers (YACEP) and are both Experienced Registered Yoga Teachers (E-RYT 500) with the Yoga Alliance, each with more than 16 years of teaching experience.
Combining the best from the East and West, this course integrates the authentic knowledge of classical yoga from its traditional roots in India with the experience of its wider application within a contemporary international setting.
Our fundamental values and principles of conscious living, embodying connection and embracing community are intergral aspects to the way that this course is taught and also to the content of this course.
The course is structured into two residential modules, each of 14 days trainings over the space of 13 months. The 12 month period between the modules is designed to provide students with more realistic and necessary time to fully immerse and familiarise with all aspects of the Yoga philosophy and Yoga practices taught in Module 1 before returning and applying what has been learned in Module 2.
The emphasis on Module 2 is gaining practical skills and experience of teaching, learning how to give appropriate modifications and adjustments to make postures more accessible and appropriate, designing classes and managing the yoga business environment.
Successful completion of this course requires participants to pass both a written exam and a practical teaching assessment. Upon successful completion, participants will be eligible to apply for registration with the Yoga Alliance.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
• Those wanting to share their knowledge of Yoga through teaching
• Yoga practitioners wishing to deepen their own personal practice
TEACHING METHOD AND SCHEDULE
• Traditional gurukula teaching system - living and studying together in a residential community with teachers / students
• 4 week course offered in 2 modules (14 days each)
• Self practice and study time between modules, including homework assignments and regular contact with course teachers
MODULE 1: 4 - 18 NOVEMBER 2022
• Foundation practice training in Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation, Shatkarmas, Mudras & Bandhas
• Applied Yoga Anatomy and Physiology of Asanas
• Physiology of Breathing and Pranayama
• Overview of Yoga philosophy
• Introduction to key Yoga texts
• Introduction to Mantras
MODULE 2: 3 - 17 NOVEMBER 2023
• Teaching methodology, teaching principles, applied teaching practice
• Class planning and sequencing including sequencing of counterposes /releases and transitions
• Modifications and adjustments of asanas including working with injuries
• First Aid for Yoga Teachers
• Yoga teaching ethics and business elements
Otting, Bavaria, Germany
• Module 1 - 1676 € (710 Euros tuition fees / 966 Euros for 14 nights accommodation in a single room and meals)
• Module 2 - 1676 € (710 Euros tuition fees / 966 Euros for 14 nights accommodation in a single room and meals)
(Cost inclusive of tuition, training manual, accommodation and meals)