BENEFITS OF YOGA
There are many documented benefits of yoga on a spiritual, physical, mental and emotional level. The following are just some of the general health related benefits which can arise from a regular yoga practice.
- Reduction of stress and increased powers of relaxation
- Lengthening of muscles, creating fluidity, flexibility and ease of movement
- Strengthening of muscles, creating physical power and stamina
- Increased balance creating agility and confidence in movement
- Improved posture through spinal alignment
- Enhanced power of concentration and self control
- Improvement in respiration, circulation, elimination, detoxification and cellular regeneration
- Reduction of illness by boosting the functioning of the immune system
- Cleansing and improvement in overall organ functioning
- Improvement in mental clarity and ability to stay focused
- Increased peace of mind and a more positive outlook to life
- Infusion of a sense of balance and internal harmony
However, it is important to note that these benefits of Yoga can be best achieved when the Yoga practice is one that is safe and appropriate for each person according to individual ability and state of well being.